Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Podcasts

So, today I am going to post up the playlists for the two podcasts I am actively involved with. The first one is the longest-running one I've been doing. I started The Surly Grognards podcast with my friend Jesse back in 2014. Jesse decided that doing the podcast just wasn't for him, so I asked one of my other friends, Eric, to pinch-hit for Jesse while I thought about whether I would keep doing the show. Eric had fun, and the shows we did were pretty darn fun, so we just kept doing the podcast.

We started out being entirely focused on tabletop gaming, especially tabletop roleplaying games, but over time, we've branched out into other realms of nerdery. We've talked about movies, tv shows, books, comics, video games... just a wide variety of nerd-culture topics. We do, however, tend to focus on tabletop gaming for the most part.

Much like the Star City campaign, I was unable to get all of the old episodes off of blip before they went away, so there are a large chunk in the middle that I've so far been unable to recover in any way. That said, the majority of our shows are up on youtube.

Here is the youtube playlist for the podcast.

Instead of linking the first episode on the playlist, I thought I'd share our most recent episode, which is part of a series in which Eric and I take a basic RPG campaign concept of some sort, and do a live brainstorming session to work it up to a more fleshed out campaign concept.



The other podcast I'm involved in, is one I do with Eric and our friend Gav (who is from England). The three of us had been watching anime series together online while we were on a skype call together. (we now use discord) Gav had the suggestion that we could do a show where we talked about the series we had just finished watching. Thus, "Three Men and an Anime" was born.

While we do sometimes run way too long on some episodes of the show (most notably with the episode we did on "Girls und Panzer"), we always have a lot of fun recording this show.

Here is the link to the playlist on youtube.

And here is the most recent episode we've recorded:



-Peter "MechaGM" Bowman

No comments:

Post a Comment